Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Toe

Yesterday my puppy ran out onto the road so of course Mister Me had to run out and get her. I ended up rinning out there with no shoes on to go get her before she got smushed by a big rig. My puppy is part great dane so she is so so so so so heavy. I grabbed her and I ran for my driveway. Halfway there I stubbed my toe on one of the rocks sticking up out of the road.

"Oww. Stupid dog" I said. Not knowing that my big toe was a big bloody mess.

I carried her all the way to the gate where my lazy dad said is the dog all right, and thank the lord you where here and all that jazz. I carried her through the gate spanked her and started talking to my dad who was still in his work clothes.

" Dad why is it that Dyna (our dog) always escapes when we are watching her? It's like she wants to make us have a heart attack or something." I said.

" Ya well anyway thanks for getting her she wouldn't come when I caled her name. Stupid, stupid dog." said my dad.

And then I looked down for no obvious reason and saw my bloody foot. It was like in the movies you know, a double take. Bam, Bam. " Oh God," I said " look at my toe." My toe was ripped up and the weird thing was, was that I had had no pain until I saw it.

There was dirt in the wound and all the skin on the tip off my toe was practically ripped off. I took a bath and cleaned out all the dirt. There was still some dirt underneath the flap of skin so I ripped it off. It hurt so bad.

Every year it seems like I go to school injured. For example, last year I practically broke my foot diving off of a diving board. I got an X-ray and it was negative. It was a sprain but a serious one. I went to the first day of school with crutches. That would be a day that I would always remember. I swear every person in the whole school asked me what had happened.

For the second consecutive year I go to school injured. This isn't just going to mess up the first day of school but I have to miss BASEBALL PRACTICE today. Isn't that just great.

I hope the fourth of an inch of skin growns back before tomarrow. Highly unlikely no. Not even a 1% chance of this happen over night. But it will feel better by tomarrow. Toe healing practices are not yet invented so I'm pretty sure I'll be limping tomarrow. At least I'll get to see my frriends for the first time in 3 months.

No comments: