Wednesday, August 16, 2006

College, If It Works Out


Obviously I want to go to Michigan State University for college. My Mother and her sister and Grandfather went there for their education and I would like to also. My grandfather played baseball in college and went on to play pro-ball. My mom got her Master's in math. (I think) And I have no idea what my Aunt studied. Baseball and herpatoligy are my focal points in life and I would really like to do one of these things for money. My mom says that if I want to get into this college I need to take geometry and biology in 9th grade and work my way up to Calculus and the Physics. I also need to take Honor's English and I also need to master spanish. (2-3 years)I also need to work hard in baseball. These next couple of years are the years that are going to define me and my life. A scholarship would be a great addition of money to my college fund. I hope I get a full ride!

Last year I went to visit my Aunt in Michigan. We went to the MSU campus and it was so cool. In the picture above is a bell/clock tower called the Bomant tower. I just did some research and I have to have a GPA between 3.4-3.8 which is practically an A average. I also have to have a SAT or ACT combined score of over 1236 which my mom say isn't to big of a set back and that I should be just fine. The college looks at leadership and past test scores also. I haven't gotten my SAT test scores back yet but I hope I did well. There was a kid 2 grades below me who aced the math portion. I didn't even know he was smart! Michigan State is an Agricultural college so studying animals and veterinary tecniques isn't going to be a problem. The atheletics system at MSU is very good. Maybe I can follow in my Grandpa's footsteps. Who knows? Maybe I can.

1 comment:

Why Cant I Drive 55? said...

I might go there too to get a master's degree in zoology