Monday, July 31, 2006

Talking Baseball



Guess what? I made a traveling baseball team! I've only been to one practice but it looks like we are really good. I play second-base and catcher. I'm one of the best people on the team probably because I'm one of the oldest. Figures. At practice I hit some shots that must of gone like 290-320 feet. Maybe not that far but pretty far. We go to tournaments and play other teams from around the state. We haven't played any yet but I bet we will do really well.
My favorite baseball team is the Orioles. I heard they want to trade Tejada to the Astros for Everett, and Ensberg. Another trade rumor is that Conine and Tejada go to the Angels for Santana (Ervin) and Kotchman. Kotchman is a rumored average player but arn't we all? I'd like to see him go to the Angels so I could go watch him play. All I'm saying is that if the O's trade Tejada they better get someone in return, but if they don't they have 18 million to spend in the off season to get Texiera. Mark Texiera really want to be an Oriole. Mark grew up a couple of blocks away from Camden Yards and he and his father are both Oriole fans. Texiera the switch hitter has hit 64 HR in his first two seasons. I've got two words for you: young talent. Texiera could provide the big bat they Orioles have been looking for. With Texiera, Mora, Everett, Ray, Hernandez, and Cpat. The O's could make a surprize play-off appearence for the first time in recent memory. Texeira might not be aquired for the next season or two but look for him to be on the roster sometime soon.
Nick Markakis has been a wonderful call-up this year. He is currently batting .288 very close to .300. If the Orioles trade Tejada to the Angels the Angels could send over Chone Figgins and if the O's could get Carl Crawford in the lineup the O's would be the youngest and fastest team in the American League. With Cpat, Crawford, and Figgins in the line-up the Orioles will have great speed and bats. All of these guys can steal 60 bases. What a thrill. Markakis could also steal 20 or 30. If I were the manager/owner of the Orioles this would be the line-up.
1. Corey Patterson 2. Carl Crawford 3. Melvin Mora 4. Mark Texiera 5. Ramon Hernandez.
6. Nick Markakis 7. Javy Lopez 8. Morgan Ensberg 9. Carl Everett.
I think because of the Angels not offering a shortstop in the deal that it is not going to happen. breaking news to me at least, I just checked MLB.com and Future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux has been traded to the Dodgers for prospects and Julio Lugo was dealt for Cesar Isturis. Also the Tigers aquired Sean Casey from the Pirates for few prospects. Great, now that the Tigers got Sean casey in the line-up the have to win the World Series. I'll keep you guys updated, hopefully the Orioles can get it done!

1 comment:

Why Cant I Drive 55? said...

Good info Joel you would do good as the Oriole's manager.