Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The First Day

Everyone knows what the first day of school feels like. You know everyone there but it seems like you don't know anyone at all. Especially the girls. Nobody really wants to talk so I preety much had to strike up conversation all day long. The first day of school is always a half-day so i just got out about an hour ago. Our school has just made the change from openable desks to the ones that have a chair built in to the desk I swear all day the only thing I heard from anybody was: Why won't my chair scoot in or I hate this school. As I mentioned in a previos post, the upper-grade bathrooms have been torn down and replaced but they arn't finished yet. Figures. We eighth graders can't go to the bathroom unless we want to go in a 3 inch wide toliet. I don't know about everyone else but I'm holding it.

This year the school board hired a new teacher during vacation and she seems to be an okay teacher. She's nice, smart, and seems (keyword seems) to like kids. This year I'm taking Algebra 1 and I don't think that this teacher minds making us learn. She made us have homework today. Syllabus. What does that mean? Anyway all we had to do is make our parents sign it. Easy like pie. I like pie a lot! But sorry folks it is not easy to make.

Swithing classes wasn't as bad as I thought. It was actually kinda invigorating. Sitting down is not my specialty so it was a great experience. We have five minutes in between classes so we get to chat or whatever. This was a great day and it went by fast.

This year is the year I've been waiting for. The last year of science projects. Last year I went to county for the project I did. I won some money and it actually turned out to be fun. Science projects are just a pain in the butt. It always ends up that I am getting a topic 3 minutes before the due date! I would like to go to county again this year so I could get some cash. And for experience. Oh yeah, I forgot. The new teacher made us write down on a card what college we wanted to attend. Of course I wrote Michiigan State University! She told use this story about one of her previos students and how she wanted to go t Santa Cruz State but she couldn't because she didn't take the right classes early. She told her sister who was just coming in to high school to take advanced classes so that she could choose what college she wanted to go to. Her sister is now a teacher in a local school. I better get into some advanced classes when I'm in High School or else I might have made a mistake. I wouldn't be able to go back and change what I did unless I had a genie or something.

My toe ended up not bothering me as much as I thought it would. One person stepped on it but that's about the most pain I've had all day. I played basketball and we were going to play football but we couldn't find one. That was okay by me though. At my school I'm an athelete, so I love to play on the school sport teams. Especially baseball. Our coach has to be the funniest guy in the world. What a crack up. I mean today in P.E he talked to us all about barf and were to go to barf. What a weirdo.

I hope the rest of the school year will go by fast and slow. But mostly fast. Mybe it will be fun. You never know.

1 comment:

Why Cant I Drive 55? said...

I know school was awesome huh.